Our packaging protects a wide variety of products. From yoghurt to salads to detergents – customers of many markets trust in packaging made by Greiner Packaging. This diversity demands technological breadth: Thanks to our wide range of production and decoration technologies, we can provide our customers with extensive advice and service. In doing so, we make sure that we pursue our ambitious goals in terms of sustainability.
In 2022, we have underscored our commitment to using recycled material in our packaging by acquiring a PET recycling company – Greiner Recycling d.o.o.Additionally, it goes without saying that our products are also visually appealing. Our own design department, DesPro, ensures that this is the case.
By the way: we can do even more. Greiner Packaging consists of two business units: Packaging and Assistec. The Business Unit Packaging produces packaging. The business unit Assistec produces technical parts and entire assemblies made of plastic. It is always overwhelming to see how many Greiner Packaging products every consumer has at home. While not everything might be from us, it may be from another Greiner division. As part of the globally active Greiner AG, we have two sister divisions: Greiner Bio-One and NEVEON.
Greiner Packaging in 2 minutes
Key figures 2021
Operating Cash Flow before changes in Working Capital(Mio. €)
Vision & mission
Greiner Packaging – designing and forming sustainable plastic packaging solutions for a more livable future worldwide.
By offering aesthetic, convenient plastic solutions that are also sustainable, we create added value for our customers every day and enrich the lives of consumers around the world. We play a key role in shaping the industry thanks to a diverse and innovative spectrum of technologies and decorations coupled with leading expertise and our employees’ commitment – and drive our growth in the process.
- We think and act across divisions.
- We provide and accept feedback.
- We are prepared to try new things as well.
- We promote diversity of opinion.
- We bring divergent cultures together.
- We treat each other with respect.
- We act consistently and rationally.
- We identify ourselves closely with the
- Greiner Group and act on its behalf.
- We do business in a socially, ecologically, and economically sustainable manner.
Striving for excellence
- We are ambitious and learn from our differences.
- We assume responsibility for our actions.
- We take pleasure in success.
- We are among the best in our business.
Our Leadership & Collaboration Principles
- 1868: The Greiner family business is founded
- 1960: Greiner Packaging takes off
- 1987: Greiner begins producing its own sheets
- 1989: Greiner Packaging goes East
- 2000: Greiner Packaging introduces cardboard-plastic combinations
- 2006: The Assistec business unit is established
- 2010: First business activities in North America
- 2014: “Plastics for Life” sustainability strategy initiated
- 2018: Greiner: 150 years
- 2019: Greiner publishes first Sustainability Report
1868: The Greiner family business is founded
1960: Greiner Packaging takes off
1987: Greiner begins producing its own sheets
1989: Greiner Packaging goes East
2000: Greiner Packaging introduces cardboard-plastic combinations
2006: The Assistec business unit is established
2010: First business activities in North America
2014: “Plastics for Life” sustainability strategy initiated
2018: Greiner: 150 years
2019: Greiner publishes first Sustainability Report
In August 2020, Greiner Packaging took a clear step toward sustainable development as a business, completing the takeover of Serbian recycling company ALWAG, which has since been renamed Greiner Recycling d.o.o.