Eco-friendly packaging solutions using green technologies
SC GREINER PACKAGING S.R.L., having its registered office in 156A Stefan cel Mare Street, City Sibiu, County Sibiu, is implementing the project entitled “Development and improvement of environmentally friendly packaging products through new greener technology“, project financed with the grants awarded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, through the EEA and Norwegian Financial Mechanisms 2014-2021 within the Programme „SMEs Growth Romania”, according to Financing Contract no. 2020/505118, with Innovation Norway as programme operator.
The total amount of the investment shall be of € 2,380,381, of which the grant shall not exceed the amount of € 681,600. The project is implemented in the production site in 156A Stefan cel Mare Street, City Sibiu, County Sibiu, Romania, the project implementation period being of 18 months.
The general objective of the project is to increase the competitiveness of the company and to reduce the environmental impact of our products, and as well implementing new types of packaging and improving the quality of all products by innovating and greener technologies.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- to improve the performance indicators of the company (profitability, turnover) through reducing production costs, increasing production capacities and extending the range of products;
- to reduce the environmental impact of the production processes through reducing the consumptions of energy and raw materials by purchasing high-performance machines and equipment;
- to introduce in production new types of packaging, innovative cups decorated with recycling cardboard;
- to develop together with our partner Sintef Materials and Chemicals Norway new packaging solutions with low impact on the environment;
- to develop and implement an innovative process within the company for the thermoforming processes with our partner International Development Norway : LCA (life cycle assessment).
Additional information can be obtained from:
Name of the contact person: Katalina Anagnost; Project manager: Tel. +40269215810, e-mail: [email protected].
The project is financed with the Grants awarded by Island, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norwegian Financial Mechanisms 2014-2021, within the Programme „SMEs Growth Romania”